Sunday, February 11, 2007

Everything is ironic when you are exhausted

I am identifying with Shelley's Victor alot today. I am also very tired, so bear with me.

My Frankenstein is a short story. I have devoted alot more time to writing it (an actual rough draft, not the entire thing the night before) and woke up this morning to see just how horrid this creature is. We are talking plot digressions, extranious characters, crappy dialogue, and over the page limit. I really just want to chuck it and do a gut-shot story (and another all-nighter).

But reading about Victor's plight kind of scared me.

Will this story haunt my dreams? Will it result in the death of my loved ones?

Probably not.

I will just spend one more torturous night trying to get it right. My family should thank me.

No comments: